Dr Sharon Lim is a Senior Lecturer and Principal Investigator specializing in cancer research to identify non-invasive biomarker with therapeutic and prognostic value, and develop rapid diagnostic platform. She has more than 14 years of research experience in cell culture, drug discovery and cell based assay, animal model work, molecular cloning and stem cells research. She is also experienced in drug discovery and has played an active role in pre-clinical trial testing, including in vitro cell based assay to assess efficacy of potential anti-cancer drug candidate, and setting up in vivo animal model to assess shortlisted drugs. She has active collaborations with Cancer Science Institute (CSI) and NUHS in cancer drug discovery. Her research includes a drug that advanced into first-in-man trials.
Sharon holds a PhD in Biochemistry from National University of Singapore. She has authored 8 publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and holds a patent for drug invention.
- Played an active role in pre-clinical trial testing including setting up and optimizing in vitro cell based assay to assess efficacy of potential anti-cancer drug candidate, setting up in vivo animal model to assess shortlisted drugs
- Worked closely with medicinal chemistry to modify and improve on drug structure and potency.
- Conducted training to train the vet on how to perform intra-femoral procedure to generate diseased animal model
- Not only has the drug entered into clinical trials, it has also being licensed to an oncology-focused Asian biotechnology company
- Healthcare - Product Design & Development, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials
- Life Sciences - Product Design & Development, Test & Verification/Clinical Trials